Re: Want to check my steps for enabling auto archive log

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:37:29 +0100

Mladen Gogala wrote:

> I prefer configuring channel format as a default. It's a matter of
> personal style, I suppose.

Well, I actually do, too. But there's a danger (I found out...) that you take it for granted - and the automatism makes you (well, it did make me) pay less attention to the environment. That, in turn, leaves room for error in an environment you don't want errors (Backups/Restores!).

So, on client systems, I make it a habit to explicitly configure the format, on system I am responsible for, and the sole admin, decide and configure defaults.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...