Re: Oracle: how to demonstrate successful restore?

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2006 12:34:29 -0800

Hi Mladen,

1)
Don't worry, I could do full recovery (if I want to). I have my own reason for doing partial-recovery on only one tablespace. I did not lose any data at all.

It is just because the developer want to see something in ONLY ONE SINGLE TABLE that they have one column NULLIFLY.
(there is a long story and explanation why it is partial-recovery).

2) There is another reason why I restore one-month old backup
(this is a special requirement, long story again).
I recover to another TEMP-ENVIRONMENT, not the production one.

And for the "5 months" thing, I am not restoring 5 months-old backup. I am just saying test recover one every few months is good.(like every 5 months).
Of course, if you run hot-standby, you don't have that recovery problem.
(I used to run hot-standby in another work place, but not my current
one).

Dominica Received on Fri Jan 27 2006 - 14:34:29 CST