Want to check my steps for enabling auto archive log

From: L C <lccronin_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:27:59 GMT

Hello,

Not an Oracle DBA by any means, but I have an Oracle 9i database I need to back up and want to use rman. So I need to enable auto archive log. I want to make sure my steps are correct.

I will use the Enterprise Manager Console to enable Auto Archive, following this link http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266835.htm.

Here are my planned steps
Stop my database and make a cold backup. Perform the auto archive enable from the above doc. This includes the immediate shutdown I have read about.
Reboot the Server.

Seems rather simple, that concerns me - so another question is what can go wrong and how will I know it went bad.

Thanks

Larry C Received on Fri Jan 27 2006 - 12:27:59 CST