Re: Oracle: how to demonstrate successful restore?

From: Vince Laurent <vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:47:24 GMT

The Oracle class on Backup and Recovery was one of the best I have taken. Not only do you learn how to deal with nearly 20 different scenerios the lab actually tests this knowledge. Our instructor would cause a failure and you would have to figure out which of the 20 it was. Good labs.

On 25 Jan 2006 16:02:03 -0800, "Tiff" <tiffanyherpin_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Daniel,
>
>What a great idea! I have been on a DBA team for several years and we
>perform backups of all our databases (primary and secondary) daily. In
>this time, we have yet to need a recover (thankfully), but I told my
>team lead, I won't feel confident of our recovery plan until I see it
>in action.
>
>What a great way to test a recovery. Do you think it would be a good
>test to create this test table and delete its datafile and try a
>recover to get back just this missing table? Will deleting this one
>datafile affect the rest of the database or is this a test best
>reserved for a development environment?
>
>You can see I have no experience in disaster recovery.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tiffany

Come race with us!
http://www.mgpmrc.org Received on Fri Jan 27 2006 - 10:47:24 CST