Re: Concerned regarding parallel query and 10g (10.1.0.4)

From: peter <p_msantos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2006 08:32:37 -0800

Thanks for the feedback Witek. I'm currently reviewing the Data Warehousing guide (Chpt 24).
What I'm really concerned is how adding n number of parallel servers to faciliate some select queries is going to affect the shared_pool, the buffer_cache and PGA configuration.... because these SELECT queries would be initiated by database connections in shared/MTS mode... Many times these memory
allocations are difficult to anticipate when one has both dedicated and shared connections..
Just take a look at Jonathan Lewis's remarks at on his website (really good stuff)
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/snark.html.

thanks for the heads up ...
-peter Received on Fri Jan 27 2006 - 10:32:37 CST