need help with control files

From: Joe D <jkdriscoll_at_qg.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:33:01 -0600

Hi all,

    I'm having problems finding out how I can use or execute the file that is created from 'alter database backup control file to trace' command. I have the file and I've looked at it, to be sure it's correct. What I don't know and can't find the command(s) is how to execute this file without cutting and pasting in an SQL*Plus window. Can anyone help me? Do I need to rename the file or something? I've been reading manual after manual but I can't find what I'm looking for. Maybe I'm missing something about this process. I thought I could execute this file some how, with out typing all this info.

BTW - This is an Oracle 9i installation.

Thanks,
Joe D. Received on Thu Jan 26 2006 - 16:33:01 CST