Re: ORA-01555 on source database for materialized view refresh across link

From: Daniel Fink <danielwfink_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Jan 2006 06:48:47 -0800

Results from overnight testing...

I did not dump every block (these are some large tables), only a selected handful from various spots in the extent listing.

About 60 minutes before the mv refresh, I performed a fts query against each table. No errors on the query.

The source database did not receive any 1555s during the mv refresh. However (big however), App support is not responding to tell me where the 1555 queries are coming from, if users/processes are having problems, etc. So, the queries may or may not have run last night.

Anyway...in looking at the block dumps, there are no changes to the ITLs to indicate delayed block cleanout. Of course, the issue with dbc may be in a block that I did not dump (do I really want to dump almost 60,000 blocks and read through them????).

Regards,
Daniel Received on Thu Jan 26 2006 - 08:48:47 CST