Re: Several question about select.

From: Eitan <no_spam_please_at_nospam_please.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:53:46 +0200

For my first question I found a solution like this, but I want a much elegant way to do so.

T is a very big table
when I do :
select *

from

(

select rownum as x

from t) a

where x = 1234

The result of the qurery is one single row with value : 1234,

as the were statement.

I need a very big table, if I do i.e.

where x = 1000000000,

Can I do the above, with a universal table (or some other solution) ?

Thanks :) Received on Thu Jan 26 2006 - 02:53:46 CST