Re: Oracle: how to demonstrate successful restore?

From: Tiff <tiffanyherpin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2006 16:02:03 -0800

Daniel,

What a great idea! I have been on a DBA team for several years and we perform backups of all our databases (primary and secondary) daily. In this time, we have yet to need a recover (thankfully), but I told my team lead, I won't feel confident of our recovery plan until I see it in action.

What a great way to test a recovery. Do you think it would be a good test to create this test table and delete its datafile and try a recover to get back just this missing table? Will deleting this one datafile affect the rest of the database or is this a test best reserved for a development environment?

You can see I have no experience in disaster recovery.

Thanks,

Tiffany Received on Wed Jan 25 2006 - 18:02:03 CST