Re: Statspack comparison

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2006 14:22:02 -0800

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=18563985&postID=113382615008552003

I think people with experience tuning systems underestimate how generally out of tune some systems can be. You need to get into the ballpark before you can get close to finding your keys.

I don't use statspack though, since I usually fix the obvious-to-me problems first, in a non-methodological manner (which comes surprisingly close to some methodologies - the low-hanging fruit is often quite similar to ordering business costs, but leaves me feeling in more control of technical recommendations, an important point in businesses that think they are not technology driven). But I would recommend a proper methodology for most people, which includes the two Daniels answers.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Hypengyophobia - fear of responsibility