Re: patching rdbms 8.1.7

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2006 12:07:55 -0800

Terry Dykstra wrote:

>But you must have a support contract to legally download those patches.

That is correct. I believe partners usually have support contracts.

>Oracle support for 817 ended dec 31, 2004

As a standalone statement, that is at best misleading. See the certify matrix, as well as the definitions of the various types of support and desupport.

I notice there are patch selections available going back to O7 under "Patches and Updates". (Whether that will actually find any, couldn't say)

It's kind of amusing that the certify says "To obtain Patch Sets from MetaLink, click the "Patches" button to the left" when there are no longer buttons on the left.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://dorkbot.org/