Re: user access to create tables

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:49:53 GMT

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:29:26 -0500, Martin Doherty wrote:

> Note the context of the OP request, it's a DB class (probably
> beginners). There is no data to secure (unless the teacher is keeping

While I agree that it is a context sensitive variant, part of me asks "Why teach them insecure methods in the first place?"

IMNSHO: Show 'em good habits from the beginning. Perhaps enough will follow the example and some day we'll get out of the viral death spiral we find in the industry.

Teach 'em quick and dirty, and I gotta ask - will they ever take the time to do it right?

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com