Re: dual server configuration question

From: z <z_at_y.x.invalid>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:16:51 GMT

"hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1138200917.715240.109510_at_g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Ummm servers don't connect to clients exactly.

I meant, can a system configured as an oracle server be used as a client. FYI, an oracle SE advised me against trying it already. I just wanted a second opinion because I did not perceive any technical reason why it should not be supportable in theory if not in practice.

> 10g client can connect to a 9i server .. Yes.

Thanks very much (another q the oracle SEs could not answer from the hip). This should speed up my config testing. Received on Wed Jan 25 2006 - 11:16:51 CST