dual server configuration question

From: z <z_at_y.x.invalid>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:38:46 GMT

Let's say I want to set up two systems, A.D and B.D where D is the Internet domain.

Each system supports an Oracle server (9i or possibly 10g).

Also, I would like A to be B's oracle client.

Is this possible?

Let's say A has Oracle SID X and B has Oracle SID Y.

What do the tnsname.ora files look like (roughly)?

(I'm presuming the connect statement forms would be obvious from the answers to the above.)

Lower priority:

Can a 10g client connect to a 9i server (without DB migration)?

Can a 9i server connect to a 10g client (without DB migration)?

Thanks,

-z Received on Wed Jan 25 2006 - 08:38:46 CST