Re: Non-Net-Services Replication

From: Tiff <tiffanyherpin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2006 15:16:32 -0800

Thank you!

The database is 10g.

I have thought about datapump, but have not heard about transportable tablespaces. I will look into that.

I just found something interesting. It looks like it is possible to do something called archived-log downstream capture using Oracle Streams. In this scenario, the downstream system is configured to use Streams and will go through the FTP'd archive log files to create enqueued messages placed on the message queue where the messages are logical change records (LCRs) that can be applied to the downstream database with no downtime.

What do you think? Have you ever seen this?

Thanks again,

Tiff Received on Tue Jan 24 2006 - 17:16:32 CST