Re: Copying database instance from one server to another

From: mRangel <marcus.rangel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2006 06:07:33 -0800

As far as I know, copying "admin" was not a good idea. If I were you, I would have created a new database in the new server (via DBCA) with the same name, settings and block size of the one you wanted to move. Then I would have replaced only this database's directory inside ORADATA with the one from the old server, recreating the controlfiles with a script and adjusting the parameters. Maybe the guys here will kill me for saying that, but I'll take my chances. Received on Tue Jan 24 2006 - 08:07:33 CST