Re: VI in SQLPLUS: still the same mess.

From: Arto Viitanen <arto.viitanen_at_csc.fi>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:29:26 +0200

Matthias Hoys wrote:
> I don't think this is what the OP wants - he wants the vi commands available
> from the sql*plus commandline, to be able to scroll back/forward in the list
> of executed commands (like with the keyboard arrows in Windows sql*plus).
> Vigi98 this is what you want, no ?

I know, question was about vi, but the other half of the world uses Emacs, right? Emacs has function sql-oracle (actually it has several similar functions, almost one per database system, like sql-mysql etc.) which runs sqlplus inside Emacs. So you can edit commands, view previous results etc. inside Emacs. Quite often, instead of sqlplus, I write emacs -f sql-oracle onto the shell.

--
Arto Viitanen, CSC Ltd
Espoo, Finland