dataguard over high latency links

From: Rodrick Brown <rodrick.brown_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 04:25:57 GMT

I'm getting about 60ms RTT from our NYC datacenter to our San Jose datacenter and was wondering if anyone has had any issues with Oracle on high latency links? We plan to use dataguard across this link, I have not started to tune the TCP stack yet, was just wondering if this is something that should be totally avoided with this kind of latency.

--
Rodrick R. Brown
Senior IT Consultant

When in 1986 Apple bought a Cray X-MP and announced that they would use it
to design the next Apple Macintosh, Seymour Cray replied, "This is very
interesting because I am using an Apple Macintosh to design the Cray-2
supercomputer."