Re: ORA-01555 on source database for materialized view refresh across link

From: Daniel Fink <danielwfink_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2006 13:32:31 -0800

Sybrand,

The undo_retention is set to 7200 and the amount of undo being used in dbA is less than 50% of the storage capacity of the undo tablespace. My instincts/experience tells me that if undo_retention and/or space were the issue, the error would be more random (and probably seen more often).

I'm still chasing app support to provide more details on what the application is doing, and I hope that information offers a clue. In the meantime, I'm trying to brainstorm to think about everything I can check/test when I can actually get my hands on the system.

Regards,
Dan Received on Mon Jan 23 2006 - 15:32:31 CST