Re: Is it possible to stop odbc connections to an oracle database

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:50:59 -0800

indiaconsultant1_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you very much. The question is actually stemming from our audit
> and they are asking us if there was a way to disallow all ODBC
> connections. Apparently they have concerns with this.

I don't think you can easily disallow all ODBC connections but you can easily disallow anyone not connecting through an approved tool (provided you don't reveal to users what you are doing so they can circumvent it). Use an AFTER LOGON trigger that checks the program they are running. If not on the approved list ... ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org