Re: SUSE 10 Oracle 10G R2

From: Fabrizio Magni <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:12:37 +0100

rajesh_choprauk_at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Can anyone help me.. Has anyone does this before.
>
> I want to run Oracle on Linux. Can I run the standard Linux Oracle
> install on SUSE 10 standard. Do I need SUSE 10 Enterprise Server?
>
> BTW I will be installing on a virtual machines running VMWare.

The combination oracle 10g + Suse 10 is pretty common (but not certified!!!) and you can find several howtos with google (one: http://www.gesinet.it/oracle/oracle10gR2onSUSE.html).

SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 is not out yet. Version 9 Sp3 is the last available.

No problem using VMWARE.
I have several testing and developing systems running suse on VMware (ESX)... RAC too... without any real problem (ok, be ready to bad performance).

Regards

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com