Re: Warnings/Information (Event IDs 16 and 5) in Event Viewer

From: Darrell <hayward.darrell_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2006 18:01:44 -0800

If you are getting warnings, it is because some applicaiton is running on your server that requires a table, rollback segment, undo segment, or index that is in the EXAMPLE tablespace.

Get a list of the tables and indexes in that tablespace by querying the ALL_SEGMENTS table as follows:

Select owner, segment_name, segment_type from dba_segments
where tablespace_name = 'EXAMPLE'

That query should give you a list of the segments in that tablespace. Simply note which ones are used by each application on your database server. By application, I mean stored procedure or function, packaged procedudre or function, database trigger, and anonymous PL/SQL block. This will require you to search through the all_source table for the use of one of those objects (segment_name):

select name, type
from all_source
where text like '%segment_name%';

You will have to manually replace segment_name with the name of the segment. If the result is an application that is necessary for your application, then you can move the segment to another tablespace. Then offline the tablespace to see if you get the errors.

This is a trial and error approach. It should work.