Re: Installation of Oracle 9.2 RAC on HP-UX Itanium

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 21 Jan 2006 18:13:25 -0800

Pascal wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have to install a 9iR2 RAC on HP Itanium (HP-UX 11i v2 B11.23)
> platform with MC/Service Guard RAC extension. I have found some
> step-by-step installation guides on metalink and HP sites. These are
> generally for HP-UX, but not especialy for the Itanium platform.
>
> Can someone who made a similar installation share his experiences with
> me about
> - interconnect
> - File System vs RAW Devices
> - any other interesting points?
>
> Has anyone even made a step-by-step description of the installation?
>
> Here are some configuration details of the servers:
>
> 2 HP integrity rx4640, each with
> 2 x 1.6GHz Itanium 2 CPU
> 12 GB RAM
> 2x Dual 10/100/1000 NIC
> Dual FC HBA
> OS: HP-UX 11i v2 (B11.23)
> MC Service Guard with RAC Extension
> Storage: HP EVA with 16x72GB
>
> Thank you in advance and best regards.
>
> Pascal

Pascal my environment is not that different from yours except we are not using Itanium.

Currently running 9.2.0.6 rac on 11.11 hpux.

There is a step by step install guide on the oracle site. I can look up url next week at work if you haven't found it by then.

Make sure your cluster is up and running ( service guard stuff ), make sure you set all the correct kernel parameters before you start the rac installation process.

Do you have specific questions? Received on Sat Jan 21 2006 - 20:13:25 CST