Re: how to multiplex ocr and voting disk

From: Fabrizio Magni <fabrizio.magni_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2006 00:35:46 -0800

Jonathan Lewis ha scritto:

> Got my own answer:
> it has to be an odd number of copies.
>
> So I guess no single instance can take
> charge unless it has exclusively acquired
> more than half the known copies.

I can only speculate at this point but I have personally seen stall situations when reconfiguration happens (on 9i).

Can something similar happens on 10g (even if the cluster layer is totally different)?

A multiplexed voting disk is more resilient to physical and logical corruption but could it lower the HA capabilities?

Usually a voting disk is already on a RAID for physical damages and you take regular backup for logical corruption. Maybe my RAC can live better without the multiplexing...

It would be interesting doing some tests trying to "partition" the cluster and looking what happens during the reconfiguration (tracing system calls and recording the file descriptors).

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com

replace mycontinent with europe