Re: Oracle Data Adapter referencing with different versions

From: jb <jarmo.blomsterN0SPM_at_mbnet.fi>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:32:55 +0200

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> kirjoitti viestissä:22h2t11tcgnc5r4tdcrh7dn10eqlbogso4_at_4ax.com...
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:58:13 +0200, "jb"
> <jarmo.blomsterN0SPM_at_mbnet.fi> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I should make a .Net Windows Service that should work in different
>>installations with OracleDataAdapter versions 10.1.0.4 and 10.2.0.?
>>I can imagine that I have to compile two versions of my service other
>>referncing the 10.1.0.4 and the other referencing to 10.2.0.?
>>This would cause some installation and version control difficulties.
>>
>>I'm wondering if there is better method for doing this.
>>
>>//Jarmo
>>

> Oracle is downwards compatible and has always been downward
> compatible. The 10.1.0.4 version should do OK against both databases.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Ok, but that is not exactly my problem.
The problem is that there are two versions installed the 10.1 and 10.2, my service should work with both of them.
Do you suggest that I should install 10.1 client to both systems? Then there is two oracle installations in the server that has the 10.2 version. That is not very good solution. Looking some better.

//Jarmo Received on Fri Jan 20 2006 - 15:32:55 CST