Re: index_stats no populating

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 20 Jan 2006 12:01:26 -0800

fitz....,
I did say, I'm new to this, right?? I think I did. So, I could be wrong, but no, the compatibility setting shouldn't have any bearing on my problem at hand with index_stats not populating. It was available in 8.1 and later.
The instance and schema that I am running this in uses DMTs, so yes, I need to analyze index validate structure, to look at an index that I think needs to be coalesced.
And if running alter index validate structure doesn't populate anything, then why do all of the manuals say that it does?

The compatible setting is a whole nother issue that I need to find out the ramifications for bumping it up in our system. I am aware that there are quite a few features with 9i that I can't use due to this.

Anurag,
I did query the table in the same session that I analyzed the index in. All the documentation that I could find in the manuals did at least say that index_stats only holds one record while that session is still active. I've tried all that I know what to do, but I can't seem to get it to populate. I didn't know if there was maybe a package I had to run first before it would work, or an ini parameter that allows this. Thank you for the non-condescending reply, unlike others here.

Ben Received on Fri Jan 20 2006 - 14:01:26 CST