Re: index_stats no populating

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2006 11:54:12 -0800

balvey_at_comcast.net wrote:
> I'm new to this DBA stuff and I can't seem to get index_stats to
> populate. I'm running 9.2.0.5 with the compatible parameter set to
> 8.1.0, I don't think that should matter though.
> I run
> analyze index [index_name] validate structure;
> that returns Index analyzed, but the table does not populate.
> I've also tried running
> analyze index [index_name] compute statistics
> and then running the validate structure but still nothing.
> anyone know why?
> Thanks,

Most likely Anurag's message solves your problem. If not, there's a little possibility you're hitting Bug 4533389, although the bug report only says 9.2.0.6.

(For David, analyze index validate structure does not collect optimizer statistics. This is one of the few uses of analyze that dbms_stats cannot replace.)

Yong Huang Received on Fri Jan 20 2006 - 13:54:12 CST