ORA 114 and file number.

From: <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: 20 Jan 2006 08:16:09 -0800

Hi all,

Oracle enterprise ed. 9.2.0.5 on AIX 5.3

Getting on ORA 1114 error writing to file. The message goes on to quote the file number : 530 and the block number. However, I cannot find file 530 in the database. Either as a file_id or relative_fno in dba_data_files or dba_temp_files.

We have temporary type files on temp tablespace. I am aware of the sparse file issue on this platform with temp files, and I'm fairly sure that's what causing the error, but what pains me is not being able to identify the file in question.

Am I missing something obvious ?

Any help appreciated.
Regards,
neil Received on Fri Jan 20 2006 - 10:16:09 CST