Installation of Oracle 9.2 RAC on HP-UX Itanium

From: Pascal <pascal.oegerli_at_postmail.ch>
Date: 20 Jan 2006 03:33:19 -0800

Hi folks,

I have to install a 9iR2 RAC on HP Itanium (HP-UX 11i v2 B11.23) platform with MC/Service Guard RAC extension. I have found some step-by-step installation guides on metalink and HP sites. These are generally for HP-UX, but not especialy for the Itanium platform.

Can someone who made a similar installation share his experiences with me about
- interconnect

Has anyone even made a step-by-step description of the installation?

Here are some configuration details of the servers:

2 HP integrity rx4640, each with
2 x 1.6GHz Itanium 2 CPU
12 GB RAM
2x Dual 10/100/1000 NIC
Dual FC HBA
OS: HP-UX 11i v2 (B11.23)
MC Service Guard with RAC Extension
Storage: HP EVA with 16x72GB

Thank you in advance and best regards.

Pascal Received on Fri Jan 20 2006 - 05:33:19 CST