Re: how to tell RMAN to look at different location for ARCH_LOG backup piece.

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2006 13:44:09 -0800

Hi Everyone,

I think the symlink should work. (need to create those symlink soon)

I got my full database's backup pieces from tape, need to get the archivelog's backup piece associate with it.

Sybrand probably is right, could un-catalog it, and catalog it again. I should test in an environment some times.

Yes, I am on 8.1.7.4 and using NO CATALOG DB for the RMAN.

Will let all of you know whether my recover work.. or not. thanks everyone's help.

I really appreciate all the fast responses from all of you. I just want to double check with everyone to see whether I could tell RMAN to change the location of the originall backup-pieces. Answer is NO, like you said (because I am trying to search from my RMAN book(google the RMAN backup piece) , it does not say..)

Dominica Received on Thu Jan 19 2006 - 15:44:09 CST