Re: RMAN 8i question - Disaster Recovery and online redo logs...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:29:46 +0100

On 19 Jan 2006 13:02:53 -0800, "BD" <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>>This has been gone over ad nauseam, in this forum,
>>Please let's NOT start it AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>I do appreciate your response, Sybrand, but I must question your need
>to SCREAM AT ME. If you didn't like what I posted, you could easily
>have simply suggested looking for 'incomplete recovery' in the context
>of rman and redo logs. I don't have the luxury of following every
>thread in the group, so I am relegated to searching the archives - and
>if I am not CLEAR on the fact that the connection between online redo
>logs and incomplete recovery is the key here, I'm not likely to search
>for both terms together.
>
>Plus, I see NOTHING wrong with a topic being discussed time and time
>again - especially with something as potentially complex as rman. If
>you knew of previous postings, you could have just as easily pasted
>that fact in as a response, as risked damaging your vocal chords by
>yelling.
>
>Personally, if I had been given a choice between getting no response at
>all and getting slapped around for posting a question, I'd have been
>happier hearing nothing and opening a TAR on the bloody thing.

Apparently you spent more time at this post than searching the archives. Likely you searched the archives only superficially. In fact you are -as many posters here- asking others to do your work. Please bear in mind this is a volunteer forum, and I'm not getting paid for doing your searches in my spare free time.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA