Re: how to tell RMAN to look at different location for ARCH_LOG backup piece.

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2006 11:42:08 -0800

Re-reading the thread, I see I got confused too. hpuxrac's answer is correct, AFAIK there is no way to tell RMAN that the backup pieces are somewhere else. That's why duplicate and standby instructions say you must put everything on the new machine in exactly the same place, or make it look like they are in the same place with symlinks.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
linux in sox http://www.it-observer.com/articles.php?id=1042