Oracle names servers on VMware

From: Glen <stromqueat_at_telusdotnet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:13:01 GMT

I have to move one of my names servers because we are retiring a machine soon, since I am going to be (hopefully) switching to OID sometime this year I only need a temporary home for it. We just started using VMware for testing and development environments, and I though that a VM might be a good home for a names server. Can't see this as being an issue as my experience so far with Oracle on VM's, is that is runs fine.

Anyone else done this or heard of anyone running names servers on VM's?

tia Received on Thu Jan 19 2006 - 09:13:01 CST