uploading BLOB data using SQLLoader

From: Fiat <pranav.garg007_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2006 02:07:33 -0800

We are migrating from sql server 6.5 to oracle 9 release 2. I am using bcp to extract the data of Sql server tables into a flat file (.dat) which also has image data type in it. when i use SQL* Loader script to load it, sql loader throws an error. saying no data can be uploaded with DATA. I have defined the data type as BLOB in oracle for image data type of SQL Server. The .ctl file for the table is:

load data
infile 'CABS.dat' "str '<er>'"
into table CABS
fields terminated by '<ec>'
trailing nullcols
(ROWID_,
PKGROWID_,
NAME CHAR(255) "DECODE(:NAME, CHR(00), ' ', :NAME)", DATA CHAR(2000000) "HEXTORAW(:DATA)") can you suggest me a way how to use sql loader to upload the data ? Received on Thu Jan 19 2006 - 04:07:33 CST