Re: using sqlldr to load data into a varray

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:10:26 +0100

Kevin schrieb:
> OK, I have a table that contains a varray. I have some data and I
> would like to load into it using sqlldr.
>
> However I keep getting the error:
> "direct path loading of datatype for column COL_KEVIN not supported."
>
> This is what I have:
> My VARRAY:
> create or replace type type_kevin as VARRAY (2) of NUMBER(5,3);
>
> My table:
> create table TABLE_TEST
> (
> COL_KEVIN TYPE_KEVIN
> )
>
> My data file called test.csv:
> 2,1.5,1.7
>
> My Control File:
> LOAD DATA
> INFILE test.csv
> INTO TABLE table_test
> APPEND
> FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
> TRAILING NULLCOLS
> (
> cnt filler char,
> col_kevin varray count(cnt)
> (
> col_kevin char
> )
> )
>

> Can anyone tell my why I cant fill the table? I have following the
> article at asktom:
> http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:9332034256132995716::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:243414670705
>
> Help!
> Thanks
> Kevin

You didn't provide your Oracle version, so i suppose, it is under 10g. For 8i and 9i by direct path load varrays are still restricted according   documentation
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76955/ch03.htm#6999 http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch09.htm#1008816 in 10gR2 - no more.
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/ldr_modes.htm#sthref1434 I could also successful load with direct=y your testcase on my 10.2.0.1

Best regards

Maxim Received on Wed Jan 18 2006 - 10:10:26 CST