Re: A WTF in the Oracle reference...

From: <chaoslight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2006 07:01:08 -0800

mjbox01_at_gmail.com írta:
> chaosli..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > fitzjarrell_at_cox.net írta:
> > > Comments embedded.
> > >
> > > Really ... which guide would that be? I find no such 'quote' on any
> > > page 27 of any Oracle documentation at tahiti.oracle.com.
> >
> > Oracle9i: The Complete Reference, by "Kevin Loney, George Koch, And the
> > Experts at TUSC".
>
> Oh, so that should have been here is a quote from a book written about
> Oracle.
>
> Obviously Oracle is the only product ever to have had a book written
> about it that is not completely accurate and contains questionable
> advice that cannot be followed without questioning or thinking for
> yourself.

I am not an Oracle expert. I am merely competent. I felt that the advice written in that book was stupid, but I thought that it was quite possible that I had overlooked something. This seemed like the best place to ask about it.

> Perhaps you would be better off emailing the publishers or the authors
> with your questions and concerns.

Perhaps you are right. But it seems like the publishers/authors of a book would not be the best people to ask for an objective opinion of their work.

Laszlo Received on Wed Jan 18 2006 - 09:01:08 CST