Re: nested table performance??

From: steph <stephan0h_at_gmx.net>
Date: 18 Jan 2006 04:58:27 -0800

Ok, no, i did not expect the 2nd query to be as fast as the first one - but i didn't expect it to be that slow either.

Maybe I should explain some more: For each row I need to store some lines of mapping information that looks roughly like this:

1='a',2
2='b',3
3=' ',1

I wanted to exploit some of Oracles object-relational features, so I defined a class containing a nested table and a member function that returns "'a',2" when called with parameter "1".

For instance "SELECT nestedcol.myfunc(2) FROM tab" returns "'b',3". But as I said, selecting from my nested table is not performing well at all.

How can I improve this? Does using object-relational features mean loss of performance?

br,
stephan Received on Wed Jan 18 2006 - 06:58:27 CST