removing the starter database

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:46:22 GMT

Is there anything that you can do in the Oracle Universal Installer to remove the "Starter Database" from the Oracle Home?

I maintain several Linux 8.1.7.4 instances. I'm applying the CPUs to an old Red Hat 6.2 system, then copying the ORACLE_HOME to several newer Linux variants (RedHat Enterprise Nahunt, CentOS, Gentoo, OpenBSD). I'm tired of seeing all this cruft go by in the rcp that I never use.

oracle/OraHome1/starterdb/
oracle/OraHome1/starterdb/system01.dbf.jar
oracle/OraHome1/starterdb/drsys01.dbf.jar
oracle/OraHome1/starterdb/users01.dbf.jar
oracle/OraHome1/starterdb/rbs01.dbf.jar
oracle/OraHome1/starterdb/tools01.dbf.jar
oracle/OraHome1/starterdb/temp01.dbf.jar
oracle/OraHome1/starterdb/indx01.dbf.jar

I'd also like to get rid of a bit more:

I'd prefer to do the removal through the Universal Installer. Removing any other way would probably screw up CPU in time.

   / Charles J. Fisher   |  /* You are not expected to understand this */    /
  /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org |    -- Sixth Edition Unix Source Code Comment     /
 /   http://rhadmin.org  |                                                 /