Re: gather stats ora-20000

From: Jimbo1 <nightfanguk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 17 Jan 2006 04:47:51 -0800

Which version of Oracle are you using?

I've encountered a bug in 8i (8.1.7) that has resulted in that exception being thrown for a Local Index on a partitioned table when using CASCADE => TRUE. I don't personally have access to Metalink at my current site (I'm a contractor, and not allowed ;o)), but I seem to remember reading something about this bug somewhere, either on this forum or on http://asktom.oracle.com.

I got around it by setting CASCADE => FALSE in the DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS procedure, and just using the GATHER_INDEX_STATS procedure instead. Received on Tue Jan 17 2006 - 06:47:51 CST