Re: Weird behaviour on a RAC

From: -={Giorgio}=- <grgs27_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:52:33 +0100

>>- Why now... things have been running fine for a month or so.

> Sybrand gave the immediate answer.
>

>>- Why plan instability

> Because you aren't using plan stability?
> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96533/outlines.htm#PFGRF007

Right... because plans were stable...
and now plans are not stable meaning that plans changes from time to time now good now not now good again now bad again. And people do not want to use outline, probably because they do not want to mess around with them >:)

> You should check the 9207 bugfixes, and gather some tracing.
> http://wedonotuse.blogspot.com and poke around on the oracle-l archives
> for the arguments about statistics gathering.

9207... seems not to help us a lot but we have to raise the patch level anyway.

thank you anyway

.g Received on Tue Jan 17 2006 - 03:52:33 CST