One question about UTF8

From: lsllcm <lsllcm_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2006 23:56:36 -0800

I have one question about UTF8, I have one db 9207 windows with UTF8 charset.

We have used jsp page to insert one record with chinese word to table, then I try to use sqlplus client to retrieve the record.

When I set the environment variable by using "set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8", it display incorrect chars,

When I set the environment variable by using "set NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.ZHS16CGB231280", it display correct chars,

Can anyone explain it for us?

Thanks
Jacky Received on Tue Jan 17 2006 - 01:56:36 CST