Re: Wich parameter could cause this lock behaviour?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:03:19 +0100

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:43:16 GMT, "Tobbe" <tobbe_rangneihatespam_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I realize that in both cases it would be me who is not 'oracle-educated'
>enough... But i would really appreciate if someone could point me in the
>right directions regarding this. Where to look after parameters which could
>cause this (wanted?) behaviour. I have checked some reading about parallel
>server, replication and standby-stuff but i can not se the evidence that
>something like that is in use on the particular server.
>
>Feel fre to ask for more information if it is needed.

There are no 'parameters' involved, as this reflect locking, especially locking the data dictionary. You can't influence that. As you aren't running identical releases, my guess would be this is a 'feature', probably described in the release notes, or in the list of bugfixes associated with the release notes.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA