Re: OracleXE + htmldb

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 06:51:59 -0800

Morff wrote:
> Helo
>
> I was install an oracle xe on fc4 . But I don't want the default
> database , so i was delete controlfiles and database files , change
> database sid and create it manually . It works - but htmldb not. Where
> can I find files or environments for htmldb which I schould change to
> work with this feature (sid and location of dbfiles are not default).

Oracle XE comes with HTML DB pre-created in the seed database. The source required to install HTML DB is not provided. You can do a couple of things

  1. Either take the default database created when XE is installed (what problem were you trying to solve by creating your own ?)
  2. Create your own database manually as you have, and download the Oracle Database 10g Release 2 companion CD, and install HTML DB and Apache. You would then have to live with both the XE database license restrictions, and the Oracle Database 10g Release 2 license restrictions, which would basically mean a free development license only on a restricted database.