Re: optimizer_max_permutations

From: Sota <swg-sota_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:51:34 -0600

You should get off 8.0.5 as soon as possible. I have had great success bumping up permutations on a data warehouse. I have programmers who haven't been able to beat the cost based optimizer without making architectual modifications (indexes or additional memory). If you have a normalized OLTP environment with lots of simple queries, you may be able to reduce the value, but only with a lot of testing.

Mike Yakus
Nebraska Oracle User Group Received on Sun Jan 15 2006 - 22:51:34 CST