Re: DBMS_JOB and 'near' real-time

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:52:07 GMT

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:03:46 -0800, The House Dawg wrote:

> Aren't both AQ and replication built on top of DBMS_JOB? Is there an
> advantage in using the AQ layer of abstraction over the lower level
> DBMS_JOB? The DBMS_JOB package gets called by AQ anyways...

AFAIK,
- AQ is a data queue mechanism, guaranteeing that when a data set is   queued, it will arrive at the far end.

To me there intuitively doesn't seem much overlap. I'd appreciate a pointer to some doc or notes that supports or expands on your comment.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com