Re: Trying to script the shutdown of a secured 8i listener

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2006 14:28:49 -0800

Kill the process. KILL KILL KILL! AHAHAHA!

err, uh, excuse me. Anyways, since there is no state information, there isn't any problem with just killing the listener process. Besides that, if being connected during the backup is an issue, don't you want to kill any existing user processes?

I use something like this, but I'm not on AIX (and I don't remember if I changed it going away from 8):

echo "Killing list:"

   ps -ef|grep oracle${ORACLE_SID}|grep -v grep |grep -v ${DONTKILL} | awk '{print "kill -9 " $2} ' >> $$kill_oracle_attaches

   ps -ef|grep oracle${ORACLE_SID}|grep -v grep|grep -v ${DONTKILL} echo "[End of list]"
if [ -f $$kill_oracle_attaches ]
then chmod +x $$kill_oracle_attaches

     ./$$kill_oracle_attaches
fi