Re: Using shell script to log into SQLPLUS

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 13 Jan 2006 11:56:58 -0800

amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may seem like an easy thing, but I am having issues.
>
> We are running 9i. I need to write a script that will log into some
> remote databases and perform some maintenance.
>
> The basic connect in the script looks like this:
>

> sqlplus /@MDO <<EOF
> connect / as sysdba;
> .
> .
> .
>

> But that is not working............any suggestions?

Obviously it won't work; you're not connected to the remote server through the O/S. Therefore O/S authentication is not available to you.  Several other options do come to mind, however:

Others may report additional options you may have, however any of those listed above will suffice to solve your dilemma.

I am at a loss, however, to explain why you think O/S authentication would work through a remote SQL*Net connection....

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Jan 13 2006 - 13:56:58 CST