Re: Using shell script to log into SQLPLUS

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:41:46 GMT

amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may seem like an easy thing, but I am having issues.
>
> We are running 9i. I need to write a script that will log into some
> remote databases and perform some maintenance.
>
> The basic connect in the script looks like this:
>

> sqlplus /@MDO <<EOF
> connect / as sysdba;
> .
> .
> .
>

> But that is not working............any suggestions?

sqlplus /nolog <<EOF
connect ops$username/password_at_MDO

.
.
.

EOF Never allow remote logon to an o/s authenticated user. Make sure remote_os_authent is set to FALSE on all databases. If it's set to true it's a huge security hole. If someone who has access to your network learns the o/s authenticated user ID, they can gain access to your database by simply creating the same user id on whatever machine(s) they control.
--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"