discs

From: PHernandez <phph109_at_yahoo.es>
Date: 13 Jan 2006 10:33:10 -0800

A friend asked me to install linux and oracle for him. The box have six sata discs and I wonder if someone here would be kind to help me figure out how to best use them.

I'm thinking:

One Raid 1 for os, oracle bins and swap + one raid 1+0 for data,archivelogs and control files
 or
One Raid 1 for os, oracle bins and first control file, one single disc for second controlfile and swap and raid 5 for data, archivelogs and third control file
 or
Three discs without raid- one disc for os,swap and first ctrfile, one disc for oracle binaries, swap and second ctrfile and one disc for swap and third ctrl file. Then one raid 5 for data files and archivelogs.   or
???

Comments?

Adding more discs is not an option right now...

CentOS or RedHat and 10gr2

--ph Received on Fri Jan 13 2006 - 12:33:10 CST