Are we screwed??

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 13 Jan 2006 07:39:22 -0800

Ok, problem here:

We copied one of our databases onto the test server.......

I asked our jr. dba (mistake there) to change the SID and get the database up. Apparently after changing the init.ora and directory names, etc, he tried to open the database and got some control file consistancy error. So, he basically copied all 3 copies of the control file to make them the same.

The database would not mount because the file header did not match the SID in the control file, etc. Hence, he could not backup the control file to trace.

So, he went to another test database, and took a trace of that controlfile and brought it over, changing the necessary lines to change the SID along with resetlogs.

Now, the database wants to recover, however, we have no archive logs for this.

I mean, this is totally screwed! We have database files from one database, and a trace control file from another, and cannot mount/open the database......

What a mess!

Any help on opening this sucker? Received on Fri Jan 13 2006 - 09:39:22 CST